Position: Certified Surgical Technologist
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new State of the art Bone and
Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new stand-alone Orthopedic
Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged
as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care,
providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states.
We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity
to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of
experience to providing this innovative musculoskeletal care.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
Provide service and support before, during and after surgical procedures. Ensures the presence and proper
arrangement of surgical equipment and supplies in the operating room to each operation; assists the surgeon
during the operation as allowed by professional and legal standards; and assists with cleaning operating room
after the operation ensuring proper routing of equipment, and used material. Reports to Manager.
- Completion of a surgical technician program.
- Must be certified through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or be able to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Maintenance of CPR, BLS validation and attendance of annual Validation Day required.
- Knowledge of various surgical procedures with the ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the surgeon.
- Knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and instrumentation required.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field required.
- Knowledge and practice of basic care and patient safety concepts.
- Application of the principles of asepsis in a manner that provides optimal patient care.
- Knowledge of OR emergency situations.
Shift Details: Day/Evening Shifts with call obligation & Per Diem Shifts available
Contact: Nicole Lewis
Phone: 860.224.5900 xt. 2019