- Presenters do not receive an honorarium or professional fee for their presentations (unless otherwise notified).
- Presentations are to be no longer than 50 minutes (unless otherwise specified).
- By submitting this form, presenters agree to not promote a product or service.
- Presenters should NOT rely at Internet connectivity for their presentations.
- All presenters will be expected to provide an electronic copy of their presentation to the AST CE Department by April 28, 2017. This will allow AST to showcase it on our website for our members to view post conference.
- All presenters will need to provide an electronic professional photo of themselves to be used in conference promotional materials by September 29, 2016. Please see requirements below.
- CSTs and CSFAs MUST be (1) a member of AST; and (2) registered for the conference in order to be eligible to speak. CSTs or CSFAs must have the knowledge of the subject being presented, and preferably having previously presented on the proposed topic.
- Presenters must complete the AST Speaker Profile by the deadlines below.
- If you need to cancel your presentation, please notify AST 30 days in advance of the date of your scheduled presentation.
- Presenters will need to check in at the AST registration desk at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of their presentation.
- Presenters will need to bring their presentation in an electronic format (eg, USB drive) to be given to the audiovisual technician. If you prefer to use a Mac computer, please make sure to bring the video dongle.
We thank you for accepting to present at our conference. We look forward to a successful 2017 Surgical Technology Conference!
||Speaker profile form with curriculum vitae or resume, and conflict of interest agreement
||SEPTEMBER 29, 2016
||Photo [needs to be at least 300x300 pixels]
||SEPTEMBER 29, 2016
||Send presentation to AST in electronic format, eg, attachment to email, CD, DVD
||APRIL 28, 2017
Please include a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae that includes education that has been completed. We also use this information for your introduction.
Each meeting will be equipped with the following items: laptop, podium with microphone, LCD projector and screen.
I, , acknowledge that the Association of Surgical Technologists may utilize various media to produce lectures, panel discussions and handout materials presented at the National Conference. This may include presentations given by me and panel discussions in which I participate. I further acknowledge that such compilations of these materials may be sold or provided free of charge by AST, their agents, and representatives to registered attendees and other individuals.
I hereby give my permission to AST, their agents and representatives, to record and distribute all or a portion of any presentation I give, papers I present, hand-out materials I distribute and panel discussions in which I participate at the event, without any obligation on their part to pay me any fee or royalty.
In order to comply with relevant continuing education standards the AST disclosure is to ensure that a speaker who is in the position of being able to control the content of the educational activity has disclosed to AST all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest (see definitions below). Upon review, if it is decided that a conflict of interest is present due to a financial relationship you, spouse or partner may have, you will be contacted to discuss methods to resolve the conflict. Additionally, all disclosures must be revealed by a slide at the beginning of the educational activity. Failure or refusal to disclose the conflict(s) could be reason for withdrawing the invitation to speak at the AST event.
As a sponsor of continuing education for the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) and Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), AST must ensure objectivity and balance in all the continuing education (CE) activities.
Presentations must provide a balanced view of therapeutic options. If your presentation includes the use of a drug(s), the generic name of the drug must be used. Additionally, if the presentation describes the use of a drug, medical device or product that is not FDA approved or the unapproved use of a drug, medical device or product, the speaker has the responsibility for disclosing this information to the audience during the presentation.
The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent speakers/subject matter experts with a significant financial relationship from making a presentation, but rather to provide the audience with information for their own judgment.
This information will be published in AST conference materials to ensure an informed audience.
If a speaker has an identified conflict, AST’s continuing education department may contact the speaker to resolve any issues prior to the presentation.
Commercial Interest: Any proprietary entity producing, marketing, reselling or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. Health care providers of clinical services directly to patients are not considered to be commercial interests.
Conflict of Interest: Individual is involved in one or more financial interests that could possibly be used to affect the content of the presentation as related to commercial medical products or services.
Financial relationships: Relationship(s) in which the individual benefits by receiving consulting fees, fee(s) for membership on a board, fee(s) for membership on an advisory or review committee, honoraria, intellectual property rights, royalty, salary, speaker fees (speaker’s bureau), stocks or stock options, and/or travel benefits. AST includes the financial relationships of a partner or spouse.