Promote the Profession
Click here for more information about surgical technologists.
Each year, National Surgical Technologist Week is an opportunity
to promote the profession and educate the community about the vital
role that surgical technologists play in the OR.
Start planning now, because this year's celebration is almost here!
National Surgical Technologist Week
September 16-21, 2012
The annual National Surgical Technologist Week is always the third full week of Septmeber.
Click on the logo to see fun, new products you can use to promote surgical technology at your facility and in your community.
- Do all staff members at your facility know how important you are to surgeons - and, especially, to patients?
- Do they know how much education and training is required of surgical technologists?
- Do your neighbors actually understand what you do for a living?
- Does your community know who's behind those masks in the O.R.?
Now's your chance to show them!
- Hang up posters.
- Throw a party.
- Organize an educational open house.
- Ask your hospital newsletter staff to write an article about the surgical techs at your facility.
Each year, we hear about so many great ways that AST members are promoting this profession, including:
- Organizing blood drives
- Advertising in their local newspapers
- Sending event announcements to their local newspapers - some of the papers have even written in-depth articles about the profession!
The sky's the limit!
Remember to take lots of pictures, too, so we can publish them here!
Send them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alabama passes proclamation! Click here to see the proclamation!