AST Comment Form for Guidelines
Requirement for Posting Comments
In order for a comment to be accepted, the participant must meet the following requirements:
- Comments must be formatted into statements, not questions.
- Participants must use clear, measurable and objective wording.
- Participants must use professional and appropriate language.
- Comments must provide supportive evidence-based information.
- Comments must be directly related to the guideline.
- Guideline: AST Guidelines for Counts
- Text Reference: I, A, 1
- Proposed Change: Should be revised to read "CST should use bowel technique during gastrointestinal procedures."
- Rationale & Evidence: The use of bowel technique contributes to decreasing the risk of the patient acquiring a SSI supported by Porteous J, Gembey D, Dieter M. Bowel technique in the OR is it really necessary? Canadian Operating Room Nursing Journal. 1996; 14(1): 11-14.
The public comment period is for 30 days.